Some handy info to help you make the most of your stay
We want you to have a lovely stay so if anything is missing or not right, please do let us know. If you need to get hold of us during your stay you can call or text us on 07731 783 534
- Betty is a converted horse lorry and is nearly 40 years old, so whilst she has been renovated, please be gentle with the windows etc, some of which are the originals
- There’s a smoke and carbon monoxide detector inside. If this goes off, please leave Betty and let a member of staff know immediately
- For medical or fire incidents see our emergency information
- Before using the wood burner inside it’s important you read the instructions provided
- For safety reasons, no naked flames (candles etc.) are allowed in Betty and smoking is not allowed inside or on the deck
- Please ensure younger children are supervised on-site at all times
- Whilst we are a safe site, please remember to lock up Betty when you are out for the day etc.
- Any damages to Betty, furnishings and all provided equipment are the responsibility of the hirer. We know accidents do happen so if anything does get damaged please let us know as soon as possible
- You can find a handy site map here
- There’s a cool box and ice blocks outside. Ice blocks can be swapped for fresh ones in the freezer by Reception. Please use the bag provided to return ice blocks and ONLY take the bag labelled for Betty
- We have provided some drinking water. To top this up there’s a drinking water tap on the lower caravan site and one by the rubbish bins at the facilities –look for the ‘drinking water’ taps
- Outside is a firepit and box of logs & kindling to get you going
- Additional seasoned wood can be purchased from reception – please don’t take/ use wood for the woodland as it’s not suitable for burning and provides an important part of the ecosystem
- If you want some advice on starting a campfire, just ask!
- Please don’t leave fires unattended
- There are a few wild beasties about so ensure no food is left out for them to nibble on – we’ve provided an empty box for your food
- There are cushions & blankets provided under the seating inside for use outside – please ensure these are put away when not being used
- We are a quiet, family-friendly campsite, so do ask for no amplified sound outside at any time and any outside noise should be kept to a minimum after 11 pm
Toilets, Showers & washing up area will be closed around 2 pm daily to allow for a full clean.
- Toilets, showers, washing up etc. can be found at the facilities block. There is also a toilet by Reception
- We also have a family bathroom for those with small children or those needing more space (ask us for the code)
- There are bins here too for rubbish, recycling and compost waste when you need to empty your bins
- Please only use the sinks at the facilities for washing up as dirty washing up water thrown into hedges can attract unwanted critters
- We will be in Reception between 4 -6 pm so come and see us then you have any queries, need any local information, need more wood or anything else! You can call or text us on 07731 783 534 at other times
- Wi-Fi is available around Reception – the network password is on the chalkboard at the front of Reception
- We also have a small shop in Reception selling essentials such as tea, coffee, sugar etc. We also have a range of snacks, many made in Wales!
- If you’ve bought your pooch glamping please always keep them on a lead
- Please do clean up after them – any waste can be put in the general rubbish bins
- Please do not let your dog on any of the furniture
- Never leave your dog alone in Betty
At the end of your stay
- At the end of your stay please leave Betty by 10 am – you can leave the key inside
- Please ensure all dishes are washed up and in the kitchen
- Before leaving please strip the duvet & pillowcase covers and place them in the linen bag provided with any used towels.
- Please leave all mattress & pillowcase protectors plus sheets on
- Weather permitting, please also leave the door or a window open before leaving